Girl's Trip Complications

Anyone who has ever tried to put four girls in the same picture knows how difficult it can be, not to get them to take the picture, that's easy the part, but to get all four of them to agree that all four look good in one single picture and one single setting: "it's never the right profile, the right angle, the right look, the right filter and so on ..." It never ends. One of the girls will always claim to not look good enough. Us women like to complicate things, it is a fact.

So what did I decide to do?

Well I thought it would be fun to organize a girl's trip with a bunch of very different girls who mostly don't know each other. Sounds crazy, Right? But I have done it once with two girlfriends of mine who didn't know each other, and it all worked out. One glass of champagne in our cozy Business seats, and all three of us were BFFs for the rest of our Istanbul adventure.

So why not try with more girls? Well because as a Facebook virtual friend of mine said: "trying to organize anything with us women is like herding cats."
But I like challenges and girls night and girls trips are just too much fun to give up altogether. So I decided to go ahead anyways and set up a Facebook group to make it happen. I invited about 20 girls to a yet-to-define location at a yet-to-define time for some fun girl quality time.

My dear cousin was the first to reply: she was IN. I Only 19 to go -:) but then things got complicated.

The same cousin asked if it was possible to do the trip but scratch the scuba diving.  Did I mention the title of the Facebook group being "Scuba Diving Girl's Trip?" So really she wasn't in.
the Facebook's group photo 

Then came the issue of Valentine's Day, which apparently is a deal breaker for a few girls. Mind you I am sure their respective boyfriends would be thrilled not to have to take them to an overpriced restaurant on the 14th ... But I can't seem to get anyone to agree on anything so far ... So Yeah I know, I am off to a rocky start.

what did I get myself into? 
and why are we so complicated when it comes to pretty much anything & everything?

Comments

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Dear Passengers (Part 2)

Trop Bon Trop Con